PDA

View Full Version : [other] Iphone jailbroken and unlocked

Virtueofselfishness
November 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM
recently i received an iphone3g and i decided to do the whole jailbreaking and unlocking (sorry if its the samething) but anyways i was told that version 4.1 05.14.02 isnt jail breakable or unlockable

what i heard was that when the release 4.2 there will be a jailbreak/unlock but it does ant make sense why cant 4.1 not be broken but a later version will be

what do you guys suggest i should do waited out or if theirs a solution to jail breaking/unlocking a 4.1 with 05.14.02 please tell me

whtlime
January 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
This is two months old, but if I stumbled upon it someone else might do the same.

So to clarify, jailbreaking and unlocking are not the same thing. Jailbreaking allows the usage of unsigned apps to run on iOS. Unlocking allows your device to run on any carrier. *Note: Unlocking can only be done after you jailbreak.

As for your question of to what you should do, you have probably answered that by now, so I will answer your question for all iOS devices as of 5 January 2010.

All iOS devices running iOS 4.1 or later can jailbreak with the following. For more steps as to how to actually jailbreak and unlock visit the iPhoneDownloadBlog (http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/jailbreak/).

Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.2.1
Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 with RedSn0w
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.2.1 with RedSn0w
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 with RedSn0w
Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.1
Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool
Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 with GreenPois0n (recommended)
Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 with LimeRa1n
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 with GreenPois0n (recommended)
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 with LimeRa1n
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 with RedSn0w
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool