PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Emulators

Imagery
November 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm really wanting to play some Saturn games on Yabause, the games I own don't seem to play.

Does anyone know if there's a better emulator out there for Saturn games on Linux? Anyone have good experiences with Yabause?

So far I don't think I've had any luck with Saturn games and Linux...or Windows...

If anyone can shed some light, that would be great.

Thanks,
I

iluii
November 8th, 2010, 06:19 PM
don't really know much about the subject but maybe I can help

if you are trying to play original games from the cd I think that might be your problem, try making them into isos

nevertheless, I think Satourne is a better emulator than Yabause since they claim it plays comercial games, you might even get away with playing them from the original cd, but this is not from personal experience just from reading around

anyway try this link
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/

hope this helps! :)

Imagery
November 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks iluii! :) I don't seem to see Satourne for Linux, is there a Linux version? Maybe even a Linux Saturn emulator available of any sort?

Or does it just work good with Wine?

iluii
November 10th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Thanks iluii! :) I don't seem to see Satourne for Linux, is there a Linux version? Maybe even a Linux Saturn emulator available of any sort?

Or does it just work good with Wine?

No problem, I get plenty of help from the community so it nice to give back :)

Like I said I dont have any first hand experience but aparently there is a linux port for Yabuse, also one for the PSP if you happen have one with a CFW, other than Yabuse though I dont know of any other linux saturn emus, plenty of you tube vids that show Yabuse working under linux though, maybe the posters of the vids themselves might be able to help

as for Satourne on wine , its not listed as a working app in wine hq so probably wouldn't work, you can try but I wouldnt hold my breath!

Good Luck with you retro gaming! I use my psp for my retro gaming needs playing breath of fire 3 now :)

veggen
November 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm really wanting...
Wanting does not mean what you think it means.

Anyway, there used to be a Saturn emulator for Linux called Semu, but it's dead, leaving Yabause as the only one.

For Windows, I think I used SSF... worked with the games I tried.

Whatever you decide to use, don't forget you need a Saturm ROM before any emulator will work.

mister_playboy
November 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Whatever you decide to use, don't forget you need a Saturm ROM before any emulator will work.

BIOS ROM, that is. Also be aware you can't ask about that here, ask Google instead.

DangerOnTheRanger
November 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Which I think is illegal, too...

Imagery
November 10th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I don't have a problem with using Windows for Saturn emulation, but I rather not have to boot into Windows unless I absolutely have to for some odd reason.

Thanks for the info guys, I have all the stuff I need, but was just hoping there were more options as some of the games I own don't appear to work, including Panzer Dragoon Saga which I'd like to play again sometime.

Thanks for the info though everyone.

veggen
November 11th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure Panzer Dragoon Saga should work on SSF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VERwVU-Fwrc