PDA

View Full Version : Infraction for nearly breaking the rules??

catdawg
November 7th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I was quite disappointed as I'm a new member and believe the thread closure was quite unfair as people had pointed out it was a legitimate question and I'd just started to get some useful replies...

I understand it's hard to moderate controversial threads on a board this size, and that Window users making the transition to Linux on this board really shouldn't be encouraged to take an easy option back to Windows but that clearly wasn't the motive of the thread.

I just wanted to point out that that the thread was closed for 'almost breaking the rules', which makes me think that the rules should be changed, or the moderator could be more honest or informative to why it was closed.

Again I know the moderators call is final, but it felt like he formed his opinion on me being a new member and a small number of users reactions (users that appeared not to read the details of the post..)

Here is the thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10080868#post10080868

I send this in good humor and faith of course. I'm not here to cause trouble but to find and share information with a great community.

Thanks all·

bodhi.zazen
November 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM
These are moderated forums and the primary purpose is to provide support for Ubuntu.

The thread in question is about pirating software and as such is both off topic and controversial and as such I support the actions of the staff.

There are many resources available on the internet to discuss this topic as a cursory google search will demonstrate and I do not see why we need to discuss this topic here.

I trust you did not register an account simply to bring up the topic here so I suggest we move on.

bapoumba
November 8th, 2010, 09:08 PM
May I add that you got a warning, not an infraction? Warning are used to get your attention. Maybe you could browse again our policy : http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy