PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Macbook (5,4) having difficulty installing Ubuntu 10.10

Ffarside
November 7th, 2010, 06:31 AM
So I made a 32 gig partition in boot camp. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 disc that i burned and I need to boot from the disc to use Gparted to delete the MSDOS partition, but when i boot from the disc, it hangs on the boot screen for a while and then it goes into a command line-looking screen and it says

Input/output error
can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs
uedvd[94]: worker [234] unexpextedly returned with status 0x0100
uedvd[94]: worker [234] failed while handling '/devices/virtual/block/loop0'

I'd also like to put it out there that I have NO linux experience, so I have no clue what any of this could possibly mean.
Thanks in advance for anyone who helps, I really am getting sick of the lack of functionality of osx and can't wait to get into Ubuntu!
also I don't know if this is relevant, but I am trying to install the 64 bit version

theSuperman
November 11th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Does that disc work properly on other machines? Maybe your disc is corrupted. I have had issues in the past with my Ubuntu downloads getting corrupted, especially if I downloaded them using a multi-part downloader (like the Firefox extension DownThemAll).