PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't connect to wireless router

Gyanos422
November 3rd, 2010, 11:03 PM
I was running 10.04 at one point (wireless connected with no problems)

I upgraded to 10.10 and still connected with no problems. One day Ubuntu wouldn't boot any farther than grub. so instead of trying to fix it i decided to re-install it. i had XP on a 100GB drive, and Ubuntu on a 60GB and decided to swap the drives for install because i only use XP for like 2 or 3 programs and games.

I installed Ubuntu and it connected to my access point just fine. So then i installed XP (i only had the specific drive attached while installing each OS) I decided to update XP before going back to ubuntu because XP takes a year and a half to get all the updates. So after all the updating, i hooked both hard drives up (ubuntu as master) and connected to the router, updated it, and restarted. Now i can't connect to the router. The wireless sees the network and others in my area, but when it tries to connect it sits for a while before asking for the password again. I know its in correctly but it won't connect. It TRIES but with no luck. It happened while i was using ubuntu afterwards, so i booted into XP and it connects fine, but when i switch back to ubuntu it still won't connect..

This didn't happen when i had it installed before, it worked with no problems. I'm ready to try re-installing Ubuntu just to see if it makes a difference, but i'd rather try to fix it first. I'm tired of sitting through install programs. Please help!