PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TP Link TL-WN722N strange connection

Glasgow.Tony
November 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 yesterday, this is my first experience of Linux so I am a noob and have no idea how to go about troubleshooting this myself. I have been googling and searching forums for ages and have read a lot of threads of people having problems getting connected but have still to find anyone with the same issue I am having.

I managed to connect without any problem and I am not being periodically disconnected (which seems to be a frequent problem) but when I enter an address in firefox or click a link there is a 20-40 second delay before it will take me to the page, but once I am on the page if I click another link it will take me there straight away (as long as I am in the same tab, if I switch to a different window I have the 30 second delay again). Same with downloading files, when I click a download link it takes about half a minute to register that I have clicked, but once it establishes the connection my speeds are the same as they always are. speedtest.net is showing 8mbps, and the last file I downloaded came through at 900kbps once the connection established. It is very irritating since other than that I am loving Ubuntu and the more I read about Linux the more I want to drop my windows 7 altogether (running dual boot just now).

Thanks in advance :)

Glasgow.Tony
November 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Bump. Maybe I should have included more details but not sure what.

I am using the TP-Link TL-WN722N USB dongle, x64 version of ubuntu, AMD chip, asus motherboard. Not sure if any of that makes any difference, I kinda just wanted to bump the thread :P

Glasgow.Tony
November 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Ok this is solved. I stumbled across the answer in another thread by blind luck. Disabled ipv6 and now everything is working great.

tb5
December 12th, 2010, 07:05 AM
What was the solution? I'm experiencing a similar problem.

airtonix
December 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Ok this is solved. I stumbled across the answer in another thread by blind luck. Disabled ipv6 and now everything is working great.

An honourable person would link to said thread.

[ edit: Using 10.04...This is obviously not the mentioned thread, but it solved the problem for me :
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1564278
]

Derathor
January 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Please share the link of the solution, that way we ALL can benefit from it...

Thanks.