PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help!!!

Spywiz
November 1st, 2010, 06:48 AM
I have read everything concerning my prob in the forums and cant find anything that will work. I am quite new to linux, but decided to jump in with my xp laptop (Toshiba) and run full Ubuntu on it. I cant get the wireless to work on it. I used a live disk with BT4 to try it out and it promptly connected. Now Ubuntu cant even find my wireless card, as far as I can tell. I have tried the command line tricks listed in other posts to no avail. I have a home network with linksys router and no security at this time. Remember, it worked with no problem when I started with a live distro of Backtrack 4. What gives???

bibble235
November 1st, 2010, 08:13 AM
People may want to know the brand of card, the version of ubuntu you are using

kelvin.illa
November 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM
Have you tried going to "Additional Drivers" ("Hardware Drivers" on 10.04)? You should find there a selection of proprietary drivers Ubuntu wouldn't install by default.

Iowan
November 2nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Not to be critical (that doesn't really solve anything), but "Help!!!" doesn't really describe the problem. I must assume you are trying to run 10.10 - true? I haven't tried Backtrack. Which "command line tricks listed in other posts" have you tried? I presume the interface gets no IP address???