PDA

View Full Version : Logo Desing Contest and Voting on Favorites

corrytonapple
October 31st, 2010, 12:44 AM
Hello All! I am trying to begin coding my site, corrytonapple.com, but I need a logo to work with. I am not sure what I want, but here it is: :)

It needs to have a logo picture on it (anywhere, but if I had to choose it would be on the right) and the text "Corrytonapple.com". Also if you can create the logo with just the picture itself and with the logo and the text "Corrytonapple", that would be great.
The Logo has to be in the following sizes: 90X90 (Will be for avatars) , 125X125 (Main Logo) , 160X52 (Probably for Ads), and 468X75 (Bottom of page logos and ads or across the top of page logo). Also, if you can, there should be a 120X240 (A side logo for the forums I want, and also a candidate for main logo).
I have no mind set on colour choice, but right now I am liking there to at least be a warm/dark green or black or brown in it. Your choice. That is what I want the site to feel like. Warm and Relaxing. Keep in mind whatever the background colour is will be the background colour of the site.:) See, I come up with it as I go.....:)

Now if you think I am being picky I am not. Neither will I be a perfectionist. :popcorn:
This is a logo for a tech support site for mainly Ubuntu, little Mac, and if any at all Windows support. Due to open source, I need to say the logo must be made using GIMP. No Photoshop. Also, it needs to be saved as .png. If you have an existing photo then save it to .png, then it isn't really working. You have to go in to GIMP as click "Save As" then have the file extension be .png.
This is the fun part if you can not design a logo. I will pick from my favorite four, five, or six logos, depending on the response to this thread. From those, I will repost links to them all and let the community choose from there. See, I am good like that. :P :)
Winners will get the logo that they made used on my site and elsewhere, with full credits toward them. There will be a page on my site for credits and software, and you get to be on there.

Thank you all for reading and lets go design some logos!

-gabe-noob-
October 31st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Here's a first attempt at warmer-green circle with CA in it for your website's name.
(http://img831.imageshack.us/i/corrytonapple.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

corrytonapple
November 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
Looks Good! Wow, is that neat? I forgot to subscribe to the thread, that is why the late response. I will see if I can do anything........... probably not. LOL

psoulocybe
November 5th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I'm starting an art business, but I need some free tech support...

Are you ready to work for free?

:(

tcelgen
November 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I agree with psoulocybe, I think it's inappropriate to hold contests or ask for free graphic design on ubuntu's Art & Design forum for personal websites and not offer anything tangible in return.

corrytonapple
November 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
This is a logo for a tech support site for mainly Ubuntu, Mac, and some Windows support.
Keyword Support. I am going out of my way on my time and at my cost to offer free support? And all I ask for is a logo? If that is too much, then don't do it. I understand you may not need mac support, or windows support, but what about the people who do? You are not charged a fee for using this site, and I have no need to. Have you ever donated or given something to somebody (like a gift)? It feels good to do something like that. I have looked through both of your posts and you both seem to be nice, so I guess I don't understand. Maybe after you read through this post you will understand better and we can get over this. Also, see this:

Winners will get the logo that they made used on my site and elsewhere, with full credits toward them. There will be a page on my site for credits and software, and you get to be on there.

So they do get something + the support. Sure, I am not offering money, but it is optional to make logos. Did the other people who asked for logos I see on here pay for it? Did the people who asked how their site was require money for their opinions? You can go without pay for simple things. You are right, it is for a small site, since I do see it not getting big too soon. But, since it is a small site, paying $400 for it is a little much. Also, I do get your physical computer fixed. If you have time on your hand, then go for it. This is a donation, as I do myself. Before you make snap judgments, please read the whole thread. Also, look through my posts to see all who I have helped. I donate, again, more of my time to help. Why? Because I enjoy doing it. Just like the people who donate their time to the logo. But, when I ask for someone to try to build a logo from the people I helped, they tell me I am getting something for nothing? While you are looking back at my posts, note how polite I am. This post is not an exception. I would not tolerate this on my site. It is up to the mods to see if they like what I post. Which, I think I have been totally rational.

If I feel this is over and there is no need to pollute this thread with this nonsense.
I have looked through both of your posts and you both seem to be nice, so I guess I don't understand. Maybe after you read through this post you will understand better and we can get over this. :smile:
Thanks Gabe for your Donation so far! Looks like you are gonna win if there is this amount of competition. :smile:
Have a good day! :guitar:

Concrete
November 7th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I am a designer, and i will see what can i do...

Ill send you later today, bcs i have some work to do.

kepp you posted right here...

corrytonapple
November 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I am a designer, and i will see what can i do...

Ill send you later today, bcs i have some work to do.

kepp you posted right here...
Thank you. All efforts are appreciated. I am looking forward to it.
:guitar: ON!

Niva
November 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.no-spec.com/

It may seem like what you're doing is fine, and you were up front about it, but it is abusive. You need to hire someone for this job, especially since it's for a business project. Good luck.

psoulocybe
November 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
At the very least, keep it off the UbuntuForums. This site is for support community based around Ubuntu.
It is not a site to get free work or even advertise for free work. This sub forum is specific to helping those using Ubuntu for graphics and art learn or fix the software available in Ubuntu.

A mod should clean this garbage up as soon as it clutters this forum.

cariboo
November 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Closed for staff review.

bapoumba
November 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM
To the OP: you should move the discussion and the contest to your own site.

cariboo
November 13th, 2010, 12:30 AM
The staff has reviewed the thread, it will remain closed.