PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] confused, need help

genryt
October 29th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I am considering getting an Android tablet at some point.
My primary use for such a tablet would be as an e-reader.
At first I was considering Kindle but Iīd never gotten around to getting one, and this was before Ipad hype.
Now when you look for e-reader/tablets itīs all Ipad Ipad Ipad. I effin hate Apple due bad experience with ipods.

I am not going to start flaming apple or anything, letīs just say Iīm not getting an Ipad.
The positive about it though, at least I think, is the screen size.
Seems good for e-reading and it give the option to do other stuff with it also.
And Iīve already tried to use my HTC Desire as an e-reader, not exactly a pleasant experience.
So I am looking for a tablet with the same screen size as Ipad, but powered by Android.

And I found thisAndroid 2.1 Tablet PC:gindar t.com/buy/7-google-android-21-tablet-pc-wifi-ebook-3d-game-epad-apad-p-1370.html

7 inch touch screen, wifi connection,Google Android Market, Google Android 2.1, 3D graphics acceleration / Gravity Sensor GAME, ARM 11 high processor, all these attract me. The high light of this Android tablet is 1080P Full HD video playback while Apple ipad can’t do.

Should I set my sights on this tablet? or continue looking?
Hope you can help.

Kind Regards

Grenage
October 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM
If you're after the unit as an e-reader, I would heavily recommend a unit with an 'e ink' screen, which pretty much means dedicated units like the kindle and Sony readers. There is no comparison, at least for ease of reading and battery life.

Jazzy_Jeff
October 31st, 2010, 03:09 AM
I would also recommend a e-ink ereader. Sony has a nice touch screen out right now. I personally have the new Kindle and I love it. The problem with using an android device is that it is hard on your eyes if you are going to be reading a lot. Also the batteries in most android tablets last 6-8 hours on average. My Kindle lasts 2-3 weeks on a charge with heavy use.

I personally want an android pad as well but not for reading.