PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Logitech Chillstream xbox360 - Calibration

Eternal_Light
October 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I am using Kubuntu 10.10. After plugging in my Chillstream xbox360 controller and rebooting my system could detect it normally in /dev/input/js1. During calibration funny things start happening tho. When using analog sticks the mouse gets affected. ie when i bend my 1axis-x to the left the pointer on screen starts sliding to the left as well but when i release the analog stick the pointer keeps hitting against the left border of the screen extremely fast. Same thing happens with most other analogs my pad has (some even simulating the scrollbar making me have to keep Alt pressed down all the time to prevent the desktop switch spam).... Every time I try to recalibrate it i have to unplug the device or do a reboot to regain control of the mouse. After a fresh reboot, if i have my device plugged but havent touched any analog sticks yet, it lays dormant and everything behaves as it should...

Is there a way to prevent it from affecting my mouse pointer? Are there any specialized programms for the setup of the specific device? In Kubuntu's standard settings window there are 2 extra analog axis that do not correspond to any buttons, analog sticks on my device and they always look like they are pressed to the maximum.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help :smile:

Eternal_Light
October 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
bump? ](*,)

Eternal_Light
October 31st, 2010, 12:57 PM
* Bump * : What more information should I include to make it easier for someone to try to help me out abit?

Eternal_Light
November 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Any news?