PDA

View Full Version : [other] Beowulf and distributing CPU power through multiple systems.

dragos240
October 27th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Hello,

Next year I am building a beowulf cluster. I realize that most programs don't natively support the threading of info across multiple systems. As clusters are comprised of multiple systems, I'm thinking that a program launcher may facilitate in this task. Does anyone know of such a launcher? Or an alternate method of distributing CPU power back to the master node. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Dragos240

dragos240
October 28th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Bump

dragos240
October 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
*clears throat*

caseman7
January 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hey dudes, not sure if anyone is still checking/monitoring this thread, but I have recently learned about Beowulf clusters, and I'm really keen to learn more and probably build one as well. I need one question answered, and it is similar to others I have seen asked and not replied to: What are a person's software options for paralell computing in a beowulf or similar setup? For example, if a person wanted to create a cluster that was awesome at rendering video or processing complex sound files (say with ubuntu studio software like audacity, blender or Cinelerra) - would that be an option? If not are there similar applications developed to work in the paralell format?

Fafler
January 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I know blender can work in parallel, but i have never done so myself. I think the guys in the server subforum knows more about this.