PDA

View Full Version : samsung N230

gelik
October 26th, 2010, 03:28 PM
bought a netbook, Samsung n230 installed Ubuntu Netbook 10.10. The problem with the Fn key, the key sticky, try to change the brightness setting a time change and everything, now I can not change and when I try to write something does not work, the mouse can not specify where to write. have to reboot.
P.S sorry for the error, use the translator, since I live in Russia

lukeiamyourfather
October 26th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Does the key physically stick in place? Since you are posting here I assume the problem is just in Ubuntu and is a software problem, not a hardware problem. Have you tried updating the system? If it happens with every Samsung N230 then it might already be resolved and just needs updating. If that doesn't work then check to see if a bug has been reported on Launchpad.

Claudius1974
November 7th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I've just installed 10.10 Netbook Remix on my new N230 with the same result.

to confirm my experience, after using Ubuntu for the first time after installation I found that pressing the brightness buttons did not affect the brightness of the screen but managed to, in effect, lock out the majority of the keys on the keyboard after a delay and effect the mouse buttons. The only way to solve the problem is to use the power button to call up the usual shut-down screen and select shut-down.

After looking on the web I installed Samsung-backlight following the instructions I found at http://josthalen.wordpress.com/2010/07/03/linux-on-samsung-n210/.

Whilst the backlight buttons now work pressing either button once doesn't just change the light on the screen by one 'notch' on the On Screen Display the brightness just goes to either end of the scale like, as gelik describes, the button is stuck.