PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Motorola S305 bluetooth headset

Tig3rzhark
October 26th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I've been using Ubuntu for quite some time, and have been very satisfied with it when it comes to dealing with the essentials.

I post hear about an issue that I have add with this bluetooth headset. It works great on my phone, it works great when I want to use the headphone feature.

However, when it comes to using the bluetooth headset as a microphone, it can't be done. And I don't have a clue why.

Ubuntu won't recognize it as a input/output audio device. That's the problem. If someone knows of a solution or of bluetooth headsets that are shaped like headphones that will work with Ubuntu as well as skype, I would really appreciate it.

mikesmithv
October 1st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Go to System->Preferences and open the Sound panel. Select the "Hardware" tab and click on "Motorola S305", then you will see the choices for in the Profile menu at the bottom. In the Profile menu you can choose between HSP/HFP (telephony) or A2DP (stereo headphones). I discovered this by accident. I kept looking in the Bluetooth preferences but now that I see that setting here it makes sense.