PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Printer Suggestions

Imagery
October 25th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting a new printer, hopefully a good consumer level all-in-one printer that's fully supported?

Anyone have suggestions? So far I see that HP appears to have a good database of Linux drivers, but unsure on what features I might sacrifice.

Any thoughts?

TBABill
October 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM
You are correct. I had a Kodak printer that is not supported with a Linux driver so I bought a wireless HP C309a Photosmart wireless printer and it's wonderful. I can do about anything I want.

drpaul
October 25th, 2010, 08:06 PM
The HP software is pretty good, but it does not support receiving a fax to your computer. I've also had spotty results faxing things out: dropped pages, incompletes, ...

HTH

Paul

Imagery
October 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks for info TBABill! I now at least know what brand I want, now I just need to figure out a good one with Wifi and duplex printing.

I have a few books and manuals i'd like to print out, and duplex printing would save me a few hundred pages.

Anyone else care to mention a good duplex printer from HP?

Imagery
October 25th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks DrPaul, luckily Faxing isn't too much of a concern for me, would be nice though, then again I don't use a home phone...so either way I'd have to resort to net based faxing.

Thank you though.

bryanfblareunion
October 25th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Definitely HP.

drpaul
October 28th, 2010, 04:51 AM
I have the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless. It is an all-in-one that comes with duplexing [and the duplex feature works!]

Paul