PDA

View Full Version : any good jobs where i can work at home at least partialy

Knowledge2012
April 14th, 2006, 09:18 PM
HI. I am 19 and i will be going to College soon. I will deffinitly major in something involving computers, right now im lookig at class which includes : Networking, and some pc repair. The class teaches A+, Network +, cisco, linux, so on and so forth. there is at least one other class that is similar but slightly different objective, anyway i would like to obtain a job in the pc field that would allow me to work at home, at least some of the time. I have a few friends who Dads are programmers and one spends ALL his time at home, and makes a very very good living, he leaves for confrences sometimes, but other than that, he has a SUN box or several in a room and uses those to program. The other works for Micron, and works at home and goes to work.

If some one has experience in this subject i would like to hear what kind of a job you have in the pc field, and if you enjoy it.

Thnx for reading.

P.S.
it could be anything involving pc's.

Stormy Eyes
April 14th, 2006, 09:34 PM
If some one has experience in this subject i would like to hear what kind of a job you have in the pc field, and if you enjoy it.

I became a programmer because I knew I wasn't a good enough musician to make a living as one. The only good thing about coding for a living, from where I'm standing, is the money -- and that's only because my boss can't find anybody else stupid enough to take my place if I leave.

Knowledge2012
April 14th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Are you able / allowed to work at home ? or are you required to be at work for your the whole work day?

Stormy Eyes
April 14th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Are you able / allowed to work at home ? or are you required to be at work for your the whole work day?

I'm "allowed" to work from home. Doing so has proven to be more trouble than it's worth; I still have idiot coworkers interrupting me for inane conversation whether I'm in the office or not -- so I might as well make the ten-minute walk to the office so that my wife doesn't have to deal with me snarling.