PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant get ubuntu installed

camiloorozco
October 20th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Ive been trying to install ubuntu on my macbook pro for days but it wont work, im trying using rEFIT and its great until its copying files and then it says errorno5 because there was a problem copying the files. My hardrive is also getting tons of partitions that i cant delete using diskutil and its starting to bug me.

any help would be appreciated

pc_michael
October 21st, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hi!

Use this guide (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro), it will walk you through installing Ubuntu on your Macbook Pro.

First, you should probably delete all the extra partitions that are being made(?). Disk Utility in Mac OS X is unable to manipulate Linux partitions, so you can boot into your Live CD and use Gparted (under System > Administration) to remove those partitions you say are being created.

I am unclear about these partitions though--is it rEFIt creating these partitions? Or the Ubuntu installer?

camiloorozco
October 29th, 2010, 09:58 PM
the ubuntu installer is creating the partitions, ive tried opening gparted from the live cd but it always crashes, i tried the link to my computer on that guide but it just opened a page to help users that had already installed it.