PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems connected through linksys router

DAYMAN
October 20th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Hello, I recently downloaded Ubuntu 10.10 from the website I installed it along windows 7 and I really like the OS so far. Problem is I cannot connect to a Linksys Wireless B router. The router used a 128 bit WEP passphrase, it's the only type of security we can use on the router due to its old age. I have tried going into wireless connections and making a connection with the same name as my wirelss router and putting the password in but I had no luck. Does anyone have any Ideas on how to fix this?

And another side question; I loaded Ubuntu alongside Windows so it goes to a boot screen when I fire up my laptop there are 5 different options.

1. Ubuntu with Linux
2.Ubuntu with Linux(recovery)
3. is some random disc space, probably recovery for hp or windows
4.is windows 7 launcher
5. Ubuntu 10.10

Now my question is what's the difference between Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu with Linux? And which one should I be loading?

DAYMAN
October 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
83 views and no help. You would think that with all this talk about a "helpful community" at least one person would reply. It wouldn't even have to be an answer, at least a link to a thread where this has been discussed before, or a website where I could actually get help.

Thanks.