PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] rdesktop on 10.04

johnsd
October 18th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hi

I have been using rdesktop to a work W2003 server successfully for some time - but no longer. When I start the GUI (I have tried two), the system very quickly gets totally overloaded (hard drive goes flat out) so that you get no chance to look at processes etc. You are very lucky to be able to force a reboot to clear the process!

Anyone else having this issue - any ideas to solve?

Using 64 bit 10.04.

Thanks
John.

johnsd
October 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Any ideas anyone? I have used my ASUS Eee PC in XP to connect with no issues.

johnsd
November 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
<!---- b u m p ! ---->

johnsd
October 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
After many long moons and software updates, I still have this issue. I quite miss my access to the server at work - works well on my XP virtual machine but turns Ubuntu into a downward spiral that you have to react to quickly or else you have to hit the power button.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

newbie-user
October 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Have you tried reinstalling rdesktop? I haven't had any problems with rdesktop on 64-bit 10.04, so I'm kinda shooting in the dark here.

johnsd
October 25th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Have you tried reinstalling rdesktop? I haven't had any problems with rdesktop on 64-bit 10.04, so I'm kinda shooting in the dark here.

yes - but some time ago. When I feel game I could try again - then rush to shut the PC down before all resources are hogged!! But seriously - might be worth a try again.

johnsd
October 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Re-installed rdesktop and tried a different GUI interface - but the lot ground to a halt so fast that the only thing to do was to hit the power button.