PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can I check if wireless diversity is working on ath9k wireless card?

Xylian
October 16th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi,
I have a DNMA92 802.11abgn wireless card to which I've connected two 9dBi antennas and I'm wondering if it is effectively using antenna diversity to improove wireless reception.. I tried to remove one antenna and the wireless network completely disappeared, then I tried to use only one antenna on the other connector and the wireless network came back, so I think it is receiving only from one of the two antennas.. Is there a way to check or to tell the ath9k driver to exploit antenna diversity?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Xylian
October 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Any help?

vijaypoliset
January 3rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hi,
I have a DNMA92 802.11abgn wireless card to which I've connected two 9dBi antennas and I'm wondering if it is effectively using antenna diversity to improove wireless reception.. I tried to remove one antenna and the wireless network completely disappeared, then I tried to use only one antenna on the other connector and the wireless network came back, so I think it is receiving only from one of the two antennas.. Is there a way to check or to tell the ath9k driver to exploit antenna diversity?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you get any help on antenna diversity. I am also using the same DNMA92 card but would like to use only one antenna. Do you have any idea on how to turn off antenna diversity and select one antenna. I'm using ath9k driver on Fedora.

Thanks