PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CUPS: Missing printer driver

barrys2010
October 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hi, I've used ubuntu on and off since version 7.10 for general use. I just tried installing my printer "Epson Stylus NX420", I found the .ppd file for it online and found the correct CUPS filter. I copied the filter to "/usr/lib/cups/filter" and changed the owner and permissions for the file. After a restarting cups I am still getting the "Missing Printer Driver" error.

Any suggestions?

System: Ubuntu 10.10 32-Bit

anglican
October 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hi, I've used ubuntu on and off since version 7.10 for general use. I just tried installing my printer "Epson Stylus NX420", I found the .ppd file for it online and found the correct CUPS filter. I copied the filter to "/usr/lib/cups/filter" and changed the owner and permissions for the file. After a restarting cups I am still getting the "Missing Printer Driver" error.

Any suggestions?

System: Ubuntu 10.10 32-BitInstall the driver from:

http://avasys.jp/eng/

H

aust77
October 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you're issue correctly, but why not search for your CUPS driver in Synaptic Package Manager? After several releases of getting ppds off of Brother's website I found a package that had the CUPS wrapper for my HL-2040 in Synaptic.