PDA

View Full Version : Ipad trade for MacBook worth it?

myusername
October 14th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I'm trading my brand new 16gb wifi iPad, case, and camera connection kit (all of which totaled to $630) for a 2.4ghz MacBook (early 2008 model 4,1). Am I getting ripped off or would you say this is a fair trade?

kaldor
October 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Do it. ffs do it!

I'd take a Mac over an iPad any day. OS X in all its glory along with a Linux distro if you need it.

myusername
October 14th, 2010, 06:44 PM
That's what I'm thinking. But iWork for iPad is SOOO awesome

Zzl1xndd
October 14th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I would say it depends on what you are going to be using the device for. Older MacBooks tend to have a good resale value, so Dollar per Dollar probably not much lost.

The real question here is do you need/want a MacBook an iPad? Do you need a real laptop or a consumption device?

For me I would take the iPad as I almost never use my Laptop, but I do surf the web a lot in the living room with my Android phone, so something a little bigger that I left in my living room would be great.

KiwiNZ
October 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
The Macbook is 2 years + old. Current new price for a 2.4GHZ is $999.00. Take into account wear and tear depreciation etc approx value of the one you have been offered around $200 to $300.

I wouldn't but value is in the hands of the beholder.

myusername
October 14th, 2010, 06:54 PM
The Macbook is 2 years + old. Current new price for a 2.4GHZ is $999.00. Take into account wear and tear depreciation etc approx value of the one you have been offered around $200 to $300.

I've seen the same model on ebay and craigslist go for $600+. I bought the iPad because I didn't have enough money for a MacBook. I need flash and some sort of office program for school and I've always wanted a MacBook. The iPad is awesome but I guess the novelty just wore off. I've had it less than a week.

Well, I guess I kinda answered my own question. I guess I was just looking for some sort of approval. Thanks guys

Roasted
October 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
iPads suck.

Yes, do it. Don't be foolish.

aG93IGRvIGkgdWJ1bnR1Pw==
October 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM
You're getting a fashion accessory that is also a real computer in exchange for a fashion accessory. Sounds like a good deal to me.

nothingspecial
October 14th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Exactly!

Once you have paid for something (personally, if you are not commercially involved), then the value of something you own, is it`s value to you.

It`s value is also what some one else will pay for it.

Weather you keep it or not is weather the difference makes the loss of it worthwhile.