PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Ports/Wireless Not Functioning on Satellite A505

YoSniper
October 13th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I'm sure this issue has been discussed earlier, but I am having a hard time finding a thread or tutorial that fits these problems exactly. Some other threads say something about holding SHIFT at startup, which doesn't seem to work for me, and other threads addressing the USB issue seem to require an internet connection, which I am currently unable to obtain.

As far as I know, I installed Ubuntu 10.04 onto my Toshiba Satellite A505 alongside Windows 7. When I load Ubuntu, the USB ports don't work (nothing I put in them is recognized.) I also don't know how to establish an internet connection through the wireless network that works perfectly fine in Windows.

In addition, if it matters, the log-in interface takes a long time to appear when I load Ubuntu. For a while I thought the computer just wasn't responding, but it does come up if I wait about 60 seconds.

Please help me by either giving me a walkthrough or a link to a thread with the same problem. Thanks.