PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Simple bookmark question about Chromium.

x C0MMAND0 x
October 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I have been using Chromium lately and love how fast it is. However, it seems to have all of my bookmarks from Firefox from when I FIRST installed it. I have ran the "import from Firefox" and it works, but the bookmarks toolbar does not seem to update.

I tried to purge chromium-browser and reinstall via terminal, but the same issue persisted.

Here is what I need to do: COMPLETELY remove anything and everything to do with Chromium, or completely reset it, and reinstall it so that it prompts me to import as a "first time use" so that I can import my now completely updated bookmarks from Firefox.

Please advise as to the location of what exactly I need to delete, because I did not see a .chromium folder in /etc or my home folder after removing Chromium, but the settings must still be somewhere.

Thank you.

ddarsow
October 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
sudo apt-get purge chromium-browser

You mean that this does not work??

x C0MMAND0 x
October 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I already ran that exact purge command, but even after I did that and re-installed it, the browser still had the original bookmarks and not the new ones, and it didn't prompt me to import anything like a "first time run", and even after manually adding the bookmarks it didn't update either.

Thank you though, any other ideas?

x C0MMAND0 x
October 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Bump

x C0MMAND0 x
October 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Anybody?

TeoBigusGeekus
October 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Delete the ~/.config/chromium folder.
When you uninstall software, their specs folders remain in your system.

aala
October 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM
just go from nautilus to...

/home/your-user-name/.config/chromium/Default

and delete de 'Bookmarks' and 'Bookmarks.bak' files (without the '').

Hope it helps!... hey! I almost forget chromium needs to be closed.

x C0MMAND0 x
October 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Thank you!