PDA

View Full Version : Would you purchase this tablet?

slooksterpsv
October 13th, 2010, 07:33 AM
http://www.zecozi.com/index.php/browse/itemDetails/CherryPad-America-7-inch-Android-2.1-3D-tablet-computer-powerful-easy-to-use-affordable/BE0ED394-B857-E44C-48297181563BD20A

I like Android cause it's Linux based, and this laptop has an ARM CPU, 256MB RAM, 2GB NAND Flash, and a MicroSD Card.

I'm considering purchasing it, what do you guys think? A waste of time and money or interesting prospect?

I'd like to use it so I don't have to lug my laptop around all the time to check things out on the internet or check my email quickly or even read books, listen to music, etc. on it.

So what's your opinion? Purchase or no?

Redache
October 13th, 2010, 07:42 AM
It doesn't seem like a bad buy especially as it has the capability to upgrade the storage capacity. I'd question build quality at that price range though.

PaulReaver
October 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
cherrypad... no.

cherrypal the manufacturers have a bad habit of not delivering and letting orders slip.

if you knew that an independent shop had it in stock ready to deliver then yes.. maybe, it looks quite good.

KiwiNZ
October 13th, 2010, 08:54 AM
No , my choice of Tablet after the iPad would be the Samsung Galaxy ,by far the leader of the Android based Tablets by a long way. And in some points superior to the iPad.

Giant Speck
October 13th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of how small the screen is compared to the total size of the device.

Nightstrike2009
October 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I think the tech specs are too low and the money would be better off spent on a netbook pc.

_outlawed_
October 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't waste my money on a tablet, period.

I'd rather carry my laptop around in case over my shoulder, like I normally do. lol

Khakilang
October 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I am not a fan of small screen but it depend on your need. If you have use for it and it suit your budget than go ahead. But before that you may want to consider whether it is upgradable like RAM, CPU, NAND flash and micro SD. Shop and look around and compare prices maybe there is other brand that has different features and more competitive.

pwnst*r
October 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Don't do it. It's rubbish.

Oxwivi
October 13th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Nope, too expensive.

Lucradia
October 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I'm not into tablet computing, sorry. I may however buy a tablet accessory for my desktop *shrug* someday.

ubunterooster
October 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM
For the price it is a good buy. Only question is referring to what Paul says about the reliability of the Compasny

Ric_NYC
October 13th, 2010, 07:37 PM
This:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8364/quiksilverworkstation.jpg

ubunterooster
October 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM
This:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8364/quiksilverworkstation.jpg
price?

forrestcupp
October 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
It looks pretty good for the price, but if I'm going to spend the money, I'm going to buy one a little better.

I like the new Archos 101. It runs Android v2.2 and I heard they just got approved for the Android marketplace. The reason I like Archos 101 is because it is a 10.1" multitouch screen, and it is capacitive rather than resistive, like the one you're looking at. It has an accelerometer, SD slot, and a full size USB slot, so in my opinion, the Archos 101 is better than the iPad. They also have a 7 inch version if you really want a smaller screen. The only problem is that the 101 is $300 and the 7 inch one is $275. But that's still way less than an iPad.

Lucradia
October 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
price?

http://laptoping.com/quicksilver-mens-workstation-bag.html

ubunterooster
October 13th, 2010, 07:50 PM
It looks pretty good for the price, but if I'm going to spend the money, I'm going to buy one a little better.

I like the new Archos 101. It runs Android v2.2 and I heard they just got approved for the Android marketplace. The reason I like Archos 101 is because it is a 10.1" multitouch screen, and it is capacitive rather than resistive, like the one you're looking at. It has an accelerometer, SD slot, and a full size USB slot, so in my opinion, the Archos 101 is better than the iPad. They also have a 7 inch version if you really want a smaller screen. The only problem is that the 101 is $300 and the 7 inch one is $275. But that's still way less than an iPad.
Does it have the android market?

ubunterooster
October 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
http://laptoping.com/quicksilver-mens-workstation-bag.html
$149, A bit high in comparison to the tablet for just a case

Ric_NYC
October 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
$149, A bit high in comparison to the tablet for just a case

:P

At least you have a keyboard, a mouse...
heheheheh...

pwnst*r
October 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
:P

At least you have a keyboard, a mouse...
heheheheh...

Where's the keyboard?

Ric_NYC
October 13th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Where's the keyboard?

All notebooks have a keyboard.

ubunterooster
October 13th, 2010, 08:02 PM
The tablet supports USB, I would not be surprised to see a keyboard/mouse to work on it

pwnst*r
October 13th, 2010, 08:04 PM
All notebooks have a keyboard.

Oh I thought you were suggesting that case for the tablet. Hence, no keyboard. That notebook's not included.

MooPi
October 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM
That tablet looks very similar to the Augen Gentouch that I bought from Kmart. My tablet is fine and it works great for light reading and surfing the web. This device like mine though is going to be restricted from the Android Market Place. Google doesn't let these types of tablets use the Market because they don't fit "Google description" for the Android OS. Instead look at the Cruz Micro tablets which look promising. http://cruztablet.com/reader.php

ubunterooster
October 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM
This one has google Marketplace

forrestcupp
October 13th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Does it have the android market?

Yeah. That's what I meant when I said the Archos 101 just got approved for the Android Marketplace. I guess I just got the name mixed up with the iPhone Marketplace.

I'm not sure if it's implemented yet, but I did hear that they at least got it approved. Up until now, they've used the AppsLib library of apps. I really like the fact that it has a capacitive multitouch screen.

ubunterooster
October 14th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah. That's what I meant when I said the Archos 101 just got approved for the Android Marketplace. I guess I just got the name mixed up with the iPhone Marketplace.

I'm not sure if it's implemented yet, but I did hear that they at least got it approved. Up until now, they've used the AppsLib library of apps. I really like the fact that it has a capacitive multitouch screen.
Actually I just overlooked what you said, my mistake, not yours

PC_load_letter
October 14th, 2010, 02:52 AM

I'm looking forward to the Archos 101 as well, their web site says it will be available this month (buried in the tech specs page). Here is a link:
http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

slooksterpsv
October 14th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Yeah a person posted a link to another tablet I want that one instead of the cherrypal, solved =D