PDA

View Full Version : Why Windows Is Good for Business....

smellyman
October 13th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Came across this article...:LINK (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207407/why_windows_is_good_for_business.html?tk=hp_new)

Sometimes I do wonder how deep MS marketing goes. Does this guy get paid for MS?

I don't want to come across as anitMS because I am not. I still support a MS nettwork, but some of these reasons are just so false or lets say stretching the truth...

KiwiNZ
October 13th, 2010, 03:25 AM
A lot of what he says seems to have come from a PR consultant but speaking as someone from a large IT infrastructure Management position one line of his has a lot of truth to it ....

"I don't question that it is possible to find or develop an alternative capable of filling the same role on other OS platforms. I question, though, the business value of swimming upstream and making every software decision more complicated than it has to be."

juancarlospaco
October 13th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Lol, they dont use Windows or Microsoft solutions for the website anyways... the site uses Apache :)

alexfish
October 13th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Think this guy must be drinking tea spiked with Whisky

unknownPoster
October 13th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Lol, they dont use Windows or Microsoft solutions for the website anyways... the site uses Apache :)

Apache runs on Windows, so you don't know that.

Dustin2128
October 13th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Think this guy must be drinking tea spiked with Whisky
Whiskey spiked in turn with MS home office premium server edition vodka 2010(TM).

Also to ballmer, less than 10% != 5%, and the linux server market share is far, far greater than 5%. He must be coming down or something...