PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lucid Lynx Power Saving

Legeril
October 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I've changed my power saving settings but they haven't changed? Simple question really, do I need to reset before basic changes take effect? I've changed my settings so that my screen doesn't dim when inactive etc. As I want to watch DVD's and stream videos, but it still goes off and asks for my password. Do I need to reset before these settings take effect?

Sorry for such a simple question but I'm in the middle of watching stuff and I dont want to reset now to find out.

admiralspark
October 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM
This is probably related to some bugs that've popped up concerning the power management settings. I found that the only way I could disable it is to go into Screensaver --> un-tick the box next to "Enable screensaver when inactive". In power options, make sure after all your settigns are changed that you click the "make default" button as well. And if this doesn't work, it may need to be run as root (I don't remember the command ATM).

Legeril
October 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Screensaver settings seems to have fixed that stupid problem, dont know how I missed it. Thanks for the advice, I feel a little stupid for asking that one, just didnt notice that option.

Marking as solved

elucidblue
October 23rd, 2010, 11:29 PM
Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for months.