PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Two finger tap produces right click instead of middle click

akiratheoni
October 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Just installed 10.10. Everything is perfect (Ubuntu has really changed in the past couple years, I like it) except that doing a two finger tap on my laptop in Firefox does a right click. In my older version of Ubuntu (I believe it was 9.04) it does a middle click (so I can quickly open up a new tab) and I prefer it that way. Any way to fix it? Thanks.

akiratheoni
October 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Bump, still need help please.

sgosnell
October 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
On my system, two fingers produce a right-click, and three produce a middle-click. I can't recall offhand how to switch this, but there are a few threads on the forum about this, and a search should get the information for you.

akiratheoni
October 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM
On my system, two fingers produce a right-click, and three produce a middle-click. I can't recall offhand how to switch this, but there are a few threads on the forum about this, and a search should get the information for you.

Thanks, I found a way to switch the two gestures, found here (for anyone else that is looking for a way):
http://blog.sidewaysmilk.com/post/338402210/swap-2-finger-and-3-finger-tap-in-linux