PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard does not work (Ubuntu 10.10)

jakesunplugged
October 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hi
I've toyed around with Ubuntu in the past (that is, I installed the previous version for about a week before my laptop gave out on me), so for all intents and purposes I'm as big a beginner as there is.

I tried to install Ubuntu 10.10 inside Windows, just to check it out. Great stuff. Unfortunately, after rebooting, after GRUB, my keyboard doesn't work. Mouse works fine. Keyboard... not so much.

I have been known to be an idiot, and I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation, but at the moment it's a bit stupid.

What I did:
Downloaded the .iso
Ran the .iso using Daemon tools (as I did the previous time I flirted with Ubuntu, and all went well)
Chose 'install inside Windows', which, in my case is Windows XP SP3
Waited, rebooted, tried to log in, nothing.

Oh, I have an LG Xnote S900, if that makes a difference.

I've read about this somewhere else in other forums, but they all had technical mumbo jumbo that made me cringe just looking at it.

Thanks

ibizatunes
October 12th, 2010, 10:48 AM
is your keyboard usb, com
bluetooth?
wireless?

peace.gangsta
October 12th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Well lets try this :
Go to System->Preferences->Keyboard->Accessibility
Now under 'Accessibility' you have Slow Keys option with a a dialog 'only accept long keypresses'.
Just uncheck this.
I expect all is well now.
Do let us know.

jakesunplugged
October 12th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Thank you for the reply, guys.

It's a laptop, so in XP it just says 'plugged into keyboard port'

Wasn't an accessibility problem... all the boxes in the menu are unchecked, including the long key box.

devraj
May 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM
see the next post

devraj
May 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I had this problem when I tried to install Fedora on LG e200 xnote.

This is the link from where i could get a solution, maybe doing the parallel thing for ubuntu will work. Please try it.

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...=e200+keyboard

Please post the results so we can discuss it and solve it.
Devraj