PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] last set of updates for 10.10 killed ubuntu tweak

rburkartjo
October 12th, 2010, 12:27 AM
did this happen to anyone else

celticbhoy
October 12th, 2010, 12:33 AM
What version of Ubuntu Tweak arfe you using?

rburkartjo
October 12th, 2010, 08:16 AM
celt the newest one since all tweak does now is show the start icon and then quits i dont know for sure but went to tweak website and newest version is 0.5.7.

wilee-nilee
October 12th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Use the ppa.
https://launchpad.net/~tualatrix/+archive/ppa

Not sure of the problem but you can purge it and reinstall via adding the ppa and key. Mine is running fine in maverick.

rburkartjo
October 12th, 2010, 11:53 AM
wil thanks will try that now

rburkartjo
October 12th, 2010, 12:07 PM
wil did that but it installs ubuntu 5.7.1 and that is where the problem is. that is the one that wont start.

rburkartjo
October 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM
i removed 5.7.1 an installed 5.6.1 same problem. looks like i will have to wait for a fix in the updates/tks

rburkartjo
October 13th, 2010, 02:28 AM
also just used the spm to do a complete removal of ubuntu tweak-that also removes the config files. then re-added the ppa and tried again. same problem

Quackers
October 13th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Does your close button work in a Firefox window?

rburkartjo
October 13th, 2010, 09:42 AM
quack yes

Quackers
October 13th, 2010, 12:07 PM
My FF close problem was fixed with a reboot. I have run ubuntu-tweak since those last updates and it seems to be fine.
Is it listed as a broken package in Synaptic? (bottom left of the screen)

rburkartjo
October 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM
no quack checked and have no broken packages

rburkartjo
October 14th, 2010, 12:03 PM
i tried to run ubuntu tweak from the terminal
ubuntu-tweak & exit
this normally would run the command and then exit the terminal when i did this got the ubuntu logo screen but then it quit
i received this error when i ran this

ray@ray-desktop:~$ ubuntu-tweak &
[1] 5319
ray@ray-desktop:~$ ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.57:/com/ubuntu_tweak/daemon: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.58" (uid=1000 pid=5319 comm="/usr/bin/python) interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member="Introspect" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.57" (uid=0 pid=5281 comm="/usr/bin/python))
libcompizconfig: dlopen: /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libini.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcompizconfig: dlopen: /usr/lib/compizconfig/backends/libini.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Integration : true
Profile : default
Adding plugins
Initializing core options...done
ray@ray-desktop:~$

rburkartjo
October 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
okay this is how i fixed. no sure what did it
first opened spm and uninstalled anything with compiz in the name

next went to home opened hiddened folders opened gconf/apps and removed the compiz folder

next opened ubuntu software center and removed anything with compiz in the name

opened the ubuntu software center again and reinstalled anything with compiz in the same with the exception of the one for kde

then click on the desktop change desktop background/visual effects
clicked on extra or custom and it worked.

desktop effects were enabled as well as ubuntu tweak