PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a way to enable Graphics drivers on ubuntu 10.10 unity?

Rave Gloves
October 11th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Ive been surprised that the wireless actually works out of the box with 10.10 :) just the graphics dont work :(

Im using a asus eee pc 1005p, unity works good but i think it's a little slow without the graphics drivers,dose anyone know a way to get these to work? on the hardware drivers section there is no drivers, i have tried updating and that hasnt worked, anyone?

corrytonapple
October 12th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Well, you could downgrade those desktop effects. Go to (And this is off the top of my head. It has been a few days since I have used 10.10) System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects, then if they are at Extra, bring them to normal, and if they are at normal, try them at none. Hopefully this helps! :)

Rave Gloves
October 12th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Im getting this, Mutter is running cannot change desktops effects. What is mutter? :P

Rave Gloves
October 12th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Is it possible to disable mutter?.

corrytonapple
October 12th, 2010, 12:44 AM
OK, try this: Restart and then try to change the settings. If it still does not work, then close the app called "CompizConfig Settings Manager".

Rave Gloves
October 12th, 2010, 01:18 AM
OK, try this: Restart and then try to change the settings. If it still does not work, then close the app called "CompizConfig Settings Manager".

I haven't downloaded compiz yet, i never download it untill the graphics driver has been installed, compiz is pretty useless without graphics drivers :(

corrytonapple
October 12th, 2010, 03:09 AM
I can assume that. Have you gone to the manufacturer's website and downloaded the drivers. Try to use those. I think your computer uses Intel graphics.