PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Network Card problem(I Suppose....)

DimensionaL
October 11th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Hello my friends,
As I opened my pc today i couldn't connect to my internet(wired...cause my modem doesn't support wireless internet).My sister on the other side,connected to the same modem was "surfing" without any problems.The thing I cant understand is why I have this problem today as everything was working properly yesterday up until I shut down my pc.I checked and changed the UTP wires but i had the same problem.My opinion is that my network card has stopped working....:confused::confused::confused:

I believe I haven't forgotten anything...If I have please let me know!!!

Thank you in advance for your time!!!!

Oh I forgot to mention that I have dual-boot ubuntu 10.04 and windows 7.

okolnost
October 12th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I would try accessing internet from both win and linux. But first, try putting your cable to the other port (maybe that sister's as we know that it works).

If all that fails, last resort (as you tried good cable, you can change cable with sister for a while as she apparently has proven working cable) would be checking if your card is correctly seated in place.

If that is ok, I would say the card is the problem.

DimensionaL
October 12th, 2010, 01:23 PM
This is what I have done:
I checked the UTP cable if its applied well and yes it was.Then I Used my sister's cable but nothing...the problem remained.The pc doesnt even recognize that it is connected to a modem.If at least was doing this i could check modem's settings.The only thing I haven't tried is to use my UTP to my sister's pc but i dont believe that the problem is the UTP...

okolnost
October 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
ok, cable is probably fine, other thing which could be wrong may be port in the router, driver or network card (either it is not plugged correctly or simply does not work)

I would try:
- first put cable to other port in router (try some you know that works)
- try if it is working in windows
- if you are comfortable with hardware, check if card is plugged correctly in place

if all is ok, then it is probably card that is not working

DimensionaL
October 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Finally I found out what the problem was(a friend helped)!I had a power cut and I should unplug my pc and then plug it again.Now everything seems fine!

Anyway,Thank you a lot for your help!!:P