PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Remote desktop connection from Ubuntu Server edition to Windows 7 Ultimate

andy1027
October 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Everyone :)

On the Windows 7 PC I have set the remote setting to the unsecure setting which allows any connection with any version of remote desktop

And what I do is on the Ubuntu Server (which is currently the latest one as I installed it just a few days ago to another desktop PC) is try to connect using VNC on the remote desktop viewer which claims to be able ot connect to Windows as well as other Linux PCs, I type the IP address of the Windows pc in and attempt to connect but it fails to do so.

I think it is because the Linux Server pc is on another Workgroup than Windows 7 as it is on the official windows 7 "Home Group" so Im not sure if Linux can join that Home Group even though it wont be able to take all the benefeits of the home group as all the other PCs are windows 7 in it.

Is there a way to change the domain group on Linux server? If so, how do you do that and can I change it to the windows 7 home group?

Or should I be doing somthing else to get this to work other than changing the domain group?

Please help, thanks everyone really appreciate :)

If you need to ask any questions about this don't hesitate to do so lol

P.S im sort of new to Linux