PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] disable wireless by default



roggenschrotbrot
October 11th, 2010, 08:26 PM
my situation: i am currently running awesome wm using nm-applet to manage my network connections. 95% of the time i only need my broadband connection, but the other 5% i use my wlan to sync a few files to a media server. therefore most of the time my wlan0 interface is pretty much useless, causing ugly cpu-usage when scanning and draining power, so id like it to be "unticked" on startup. i don't want it to be completely disabled and id like to still be able to reactivate it using nm-applet. any suggestions?

thanks in advance.