PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Asus UL30 wireless/internet issues 10.10

russx2
October 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Hi guys,

I have a fresh install of Maverick final. Wireless *seems* fine (can search networks, connect OK, etc.) but after a few minutes any network activity ceases to function. I can't ping etc. Reconnecting to the wireless network fixes it but, again, only for a few minutes.

Any ideas? I'm guessing this is some kind of power saving bug? Or...? It's very odd. Everything's 100% fine and stable in 10.04 (wireless wise).

I *believe* my specific model (Asus UL30a) ships with an Atheros 9285 (AzureWave rebranded) card.

Thanks.

Russ

karl3
October 13th, 2010, 11:27 PM
i have the same problem on asus ul30vt.

theburningor
October 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Odd. I have an ASUS UL30A which was running fine under Lucid and seems to be doing fine with the wireless after upgrading. I wonder what was different.

nakunaru
March 11th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I have been having the same issues, I couldn't access any of my network shares until 10.10 but now it will but up for a bit and then go down causing me to have to reset my connection. I have an Asus K60I but it also does the same thing on my desktop.

theburningor
March 15th, 2011, 07:48 PM
There was a related issue on here Unresponsive menu items in network manager applet (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1679776)
which turned out to be caused by a memory leak in the nm-applet in the nautilus-elementary repository. Might want to go into system monitor and look and see if nm-applet is having issues. Specially, look at the memory usage for the nm-applet process. My machine is running at 6.6mb right now and I'd take anything over 10 as a sign of trouble.