PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do i add a .sh file to my menu bars at the top?

egervari
October 11th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I have two programs, Idea and RubyMine that contain .sh files to start them up. I'd rather run these by clicking an icon. Even better, I'd like the output from the shell to be invisible so that only 1 window is open instead of 2. Is there any way to set this up? Thanks.

egervari
October 11th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Actually, I figured this out... I had to right-click on top of the menu bar twice... once to clear the first context menu and then a seocnd time to get the one where I can edit it. It's all good ;)

robsoles
October 11th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Welcome to UF, just in case it hasn't been said/typed :)

Well done figuring it out, good on you for posting a clue others may end up following - please consider marking your thread as 'solved' using 'thread tools' (above in red) so others have a better idea that some clue to getting it done is probably in this thread.

I find the only menu that opens for my menus on my panel, when I right-click it, is the menu from which I can choose to edit the menu. 'System'->'Preferences'->'Main Menu' opens the menu editor as well.