PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble install ubunti10.10 not finding the HD

AnneFtl
October 11th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I can not get ubuntu 1010 desktop x64 to install. The wubi installer gives me an error message saying it can not find my hard drive. Then it takes multiple clicks on the cancel to try and quit only to find the correct screen open in a window.. However, when I click on the install button I get the same message about not finding my harddrive. Enough clicks again and the torrent download starts and I finally get the reboot screen...I am concerned now about rebooting.

bcbc
October 11th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I can not get ubuntu 1010 desktop x64 to install. The wubi installer gives me an error message saying it can not find my hard drive. Then it takes multiple clicks on the cancel to try and quit only to find the correct screen open in a window.. However, when I click on the install button I get the same message about not finding my harddrive. Enough clicks again and the torrent download starts and I finally get the reboot screen...I am concerned now about rebooting.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/365881

There are a couple of other bugs on this. It doesn't affect the operation, it's just irritating. Unplugging usb devices etc. usually prevents it from happening.