PDA

View Full Version : @KiwiNZ, open wifi

formaldehyde_spoon
October 11th, 2010, 04:23 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9950883#post9950883

? Now you're deleting polite posts that quote and reply to yours (and so we can assume are as on topic as your own posts)?
Perhaps you could also delete your own posts that state UF stance on events that haven't occurred here?
If you're going to get upset after discussions and start waving your hammer maybe it would be better to consider not posting in the first place?

KiwiNZ
October 11th, 2010, 04:36 AM
From the Code of Conduct...

"you agree that forum staff have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the staff of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.

Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.
Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them.

Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.

If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.

If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible since we are a staff of volunteers with limited time and numbers.

Spam (unsolicited advertising): Spam will be moved to Spamalot in the forum Jail and the account posting it will likely be banned. You are allowed to have links to personal sites in your signature and in your profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of the site linked does not include material that violates this code of conduct and if you are not posting any other form of advertising.

Profanity: We have users of all age groups and of all tolerance levels where profanity is concerned. A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.

Politics and Religion: These two topics have caused serious problems in the past and are now forbidden topics in the forums. Please find another venue to exercise your freedom of speech on these topics.

Thread Drifting/Steering: Please keep discussions on topic. Topics that do not belong in the technical or 3rd party project sections belong in the Cafe, if they fit the posted rules in the Cafe."

Your post was removed as it was 'off topic' and trolling.

formaldehyde_spoon
October 11th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I didn't provoke an emotional response (nor did I want to), so it doesn't fit the CoC's 'trolling'. And it quoted your post, so unless your post is also OT I can't see how mine is.

matthew
October 11th, 2010, 05:52 AM
I believe you, formaldehyde_spoon, are the one in breech of the code of conduct. Your aggression here isn't helping. I suggest you back off.

formaldehyde_spoon
October 12th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Your dismissive posts really aren't very helpful matthew (and are easy to predict). Was it useful, in any way, to anyone, for you to post?

Yes, I know I'm the one in breach of the CoC, obviously; the definition of ''in breach'' is determined by individual mods, so as soon as they say I'm in breach it must logically be true.

I wasn't implying KiwiNZ was in breach of the CoC, I was implying that I wasn't in breach.

I'm not sure what aggression you're talking about; I certainly haven't written anything I would consider even remotely aggressive.

I don't know why you waste your time telling me to back off - it's a rather toothless warning, given that the worst you can do is make me change my user name.
When I drop an argument with a mod it's purely for the reason that I'm getting nowhere, and it's pointless to continue - not because I've been warned or threatened (for example, I had finished with this one until you posted). If you feel the need to ban me then you will, and of course I can't stop you.

KiwiNZ
October 12th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Any member of the Forum Council may post here. It is YOUR posts that are not helping.

formaldehyde_spoon
October 13th, 2010, 01:52 AM
It isn't my role to be helpful here: I'm a user, not a mod.

matthew
October 13th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Since the conversation has diminished into mere trolling, I'm going to end it here. You have an answer to your original question.

matthew
October 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM
After an unfortunate private message, the user has been banned.