PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sharing network conection problems with Xbox 360

EvilEnvi
October 11th, 2010, 03:25 AM
ive just installed ubunutu 10.10 and its connected to the internet via a wireless conection. However I would like to share the connection with an xbox 360 connected to the computer via a ethernet cable. I changed the method under ip4 in the auto eth0 wire connection to "shared to other computers" aplyed and restarted, however whenever the 360 tries to connect itll take a while and then say unable to connect. I also tried this using a ps3 and the ps3 says timed out waiting for ip address.

Ive doen this on windows by bridging the connection and it worked without the use of a crossover wire. Would I need a crossover wire?

Crimsonangel
October 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I'm having the same problem.

pricetech
October 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Would I need a crossover wire?

Possibly, but probably not if you've done it with the same hardware without one.

Does your xbox support wireless ?? Does your router, or whatever you get your connection from, have a wired port you could plug your xbox into ??

EvilEnvi
October 11th, 2010, 03:23 PM
the router is in another room of the house than the 360 or the computer and since the 360 doesnt have wifi i connect it to the computer to share the wifi that the comp has