PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu Installation Problems.

Jackal_
October 10th, 2010, 04:48 AM
I've been trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 all day. I've done it before, several times, but it doesn't appear to work anymore.

The facts are these:
I've tested my memory. It passed.
I checked for errors. It said "Errors found in 1 files." No log or detail on the file.
I md5'd, and the iso is flawless.
I've managed to get it to work in a virtual machine.
I have installed ubuntu once _inside_ my current windows installation, but I uninstalled it. I wish to install it alongside, not inside.

The CD itself boots up, but when I try to run the demo it freezes; when I try to install from the disc, it freezes at the same point.

I've burned two different CDs at the lowest speed possible. They both freeze at the same point.

I put the ISO onto a USB using LinuxLive USB Creator, but my computer does not recognize it and, instead, jumps directly to windows.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, and, quite frankly, I wish to bang my head against a wall.

pseudocube
October 10th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Perhaps you can try again with the new 10.10 .iso when it comes out tomorrow.

Jackal_
October 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I don't want that. I've successfully installed 10.04, and I intend to do so again. There should be no reason why this isn't working.

Telling me to wait for 10.10 is like telling me that, because my dog is dying, I should get one tomorrow because they're coming out with the Labrador 10000.

Not a perfect analogy, but come on. Besides, how would one assume that 10.10 will work if 10.04 doesn't? Is there some major, debilitating error that has been fixed?

ssican
October 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
TIPS:

1) - Try New Download, by Direct Download - not to use Download Accelerator Programs.

2) - Try To Burn the ISO Image on Velocity 4X-8X -(with DVD Disc or CD-RW Disc)

3) - See also: Installation:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Jackal_
October 15th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Eh, I just installed 9.04 and upgraded from there.

I'm still not sure what the problem was, but this was a viable solution.