View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless not working at all on Revo R3610 with Ubuntu 10.04

October 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought a new Revo R3610 with 3GB RAM and 500GB HDD, with Win 7 Home Premium.

Out of the box I installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS from USB and connected to my LAN for software updates and graphics driver - all went ok.

My big problem is wireless isn't working at all!!!! At the top right taskbar the wireless symbol has a red exclamation mark on it for starters.

When I click it, I connect to hidden wireless network, enter the SSID and the password (WPA2) then it comes up at the top right with "Wireless network - disconnected - you are now offline".

Any ideas what is going on here? I am assuming the driver for the little USB Revo wireless dongle has been installed ok - is this only for the keyboard/mouse?

UPDATE: just ran :
lshw -C network *-network DISABLED
description: Wireless interface product: RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

and when I run "nm-tool" it says that wlan0 is disconnected!

Is there some way of turning on the wireless? Apologies of n00b questions!

Please help!!

October 9th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Experiencing similar issue any help greatfully recieved

October 9th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Just cracked it and hope I can help you!

Got answer from here:

and post content is here:

Found my Revo R3610 had an RT3090 card which isn't picked up by Ubuntu 10.04 but driver is here http://tinyurl.com/yc2n8oe - look for rt3090-dkms_2.3.1.7-0ubuntu0~ppa2_all.deb in the link rt3090 - 1: - one click download / install.

I have just instaled this driver and am now working!!!!!