PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 Wifi problem

JW1096
October 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Hi there,

I am having difficulty accessing wireless internet with my netbook. Connections are recognised but it fails to connect and the circle just goes round and round. I am connected wirelessly via my laptop and have no ability to connect the netbook via a wired connection.
I have trawled posts pertaining to my problem on various forums but much of the advice is aimed at users with; a)more experience than me or b)different problem symptoms.

System> Administration> Hardware drivers shows no proprietary drivers.

Acer Aspire One ZG5
2 ) Wireless Brand, Model and Wireless Chipset:
Code:Atheros AR5BXB63

8 ) Ubuntu Version: 10.04

I'm afraid this is all the information I can offer.

Please, please help.

Thanks in advance

Jo.

BranHex
October 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I have the exact same problem. i hope someone can help us!

JW1096
October 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I have the exact same problem. i hope someone can help us!
Me too. :)
If I get a decent reply I will message you.

rockinyou
October 9th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Please help! Last updates tried. Madwifi tried. Still wireless no working. ACER ASPIRE ONE ZG5 - Ubuntu 10.04
Thanks!

kyutums
January 11th, 2011, 08:38 AM
This might help http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1624210&highlight=AR5BXB63 :)

grahammechanical
January 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Please let us not get confused. Especially me. What is the problem? Not getting a wireless connection? Or, the connection dropping?

Jw1096, if as you say
the circle just goes round and round. Then I would say that the wireless adapter is working. It is not making a connection. The question is Why?

If the connection to the modem/router is password protected, then, did you entered the correct password or pass phrase or wireless key. It is not your login password. You should find it on a printed label stuck on the bottom of the router/modem unless it has been changed.

Is the connection set up to use the same encryption method as the router/modem is set to?

These are some of the things that will prevent a working wireless adapter from connecting to a working and correctly functioning modem/router.

Regards.