PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Ghost Network Connections

raywood
October 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
In Nautilus, viewing Places, I see three items under Network. These items include a reference to another computer (called "ANTEC") and also to a "Windows Network" on that other computer. How can I get rid of these? There is no "delete" context menu option.

Thanks!

e79
October 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Open any Nautilus browser (ie your Home) and then got to :

Bookmarks --> Edit Bookmarks

And try to delete the Ghost entries from there.

See if this works.

raywood
October 8th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I'm not too familiar with how that works. Edit Bookmarks puts me in /home/ray/Documents. I don't know how to navigate from there to the Network location where those ghosts are.

e79
October 8th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Well I simply thought they might be in this edit menu as shown on the temp.png. The name can revert to 'smb' sometime as well. I don't know where else to look at the moment, I'm sorry...I'll keep on searching to see if I can dig something else.

e79
October 8th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I found this might worth to try :

mb_webguy :
Open Nautilus, right-click the entry in the Places sidebar, and select Unmount.
from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=918259

AggravatedGestalt
January 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I see listed in Places>Network, several networks with such properties:
Type: unknown type (application/octet-stream)
Size: Unknown
Accessed: unknown
Modified: unknown

I am unable to mount, delete, or do anything to them. Why are they there, and why can I not remove them?
Why are they there if I do not have filesharing enabled? Why are they there when the network is down? If a network I connect to includes such networks, what do they have to do with me? If it goes this far, it may as well list the MAC addresses, IPs, and other info on them too.