PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution Mail program

DeadSpace
October 7th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone :)

Just wanted to say that I am significantly impressed with Ubuntu 10.04 and also these forums - so clean and well thought out. Thanks!

I'm just here to ask whether or not it's possible to make Evolution Mail automatically send / receive instead of me having to click on the button every time I open it up (I'm such an idiot - I'll open it up and do something else while thinking it's downloading mail, and I come back and it's just sitting there because I forgot to click the button!)

I had a look through the help and all the menus but I couldn't see anything?

It's no big deal if there isn't anything, I'm just used to Windows Live mail on my other Windows 7 box and I like being lazy :)

thanks all.

Zlatan
October 7th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone :)

Just wanted to say that I am significantly impressed with Ubuntu 10.04 and also these forums - so clean and well thought out. Thanks!

I'm just here to ask whether or not it's possible to make Evolution Mail automatically send / receive instead of me having to click on the button every time I open it up (I'm such an idiot - I'll open it up and do something else while thinking it's downloading mail, and I come back and it's just sitting there because I forgot to click the button!)

I had a look through the help and all the menus but I couldn't see anything?

It's no big deal if there isn't anything, I'm just used to Windows Live mail on my other Windows 7 box and I like being lazy :)

thanks all.

edit -> preferences -> mail accounts -> edit -> receiving options -> check for new messages every [ ] minutes

welcome aboard:)

DeadSpace
October 9th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Aren't I intelligent......and my eyesight is clearly perfect....

Thanks for the help mate haha, and for the welcome

Cheers!