PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installing dosemu emulator: 'make' problem

idstealth
October 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hi all,

Please move this if it belongs somewhere else. (: Anyway, I'm trying to install dosemu to play the old DOS games, it came in a tarball. I unzipped it just fine, ./configure went without a hitch, but 'make' kept returning errors. I am not sure if the code itself was bad/syntax error, but I don't think that's the problem. Could it be my linux header files? I don't know! Advice?

Here's the make dialog:

idstealth@RAGINGBULL:~/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src/tools'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src/tools'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src/commands'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src/commands'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src/tools/periph'
gcc -c -MP -MMD -I../../../src/include -I../../../src/plugin/include -I. -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -pipe -o dexeconfig.o dexeconfig.c
dexeconfig.c: In function ‘viewconf’:
dexeconfig.c:104: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c: In function ‘putconf’:
dexeconfig.c:177: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c:188: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c:190: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c:210: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c:211: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c: In function ‘getconf’:
dexeconfig.c:226: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c:233: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
dexeconfig.c:246: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:205,
from dexeconfig.c:13:
In function ‘open’,
inlined from ‘main’ at dexeconfig.c:241:
/usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: error: call to ‘__open_missing_mode’ declared with attribute error: open with O_CREAT in second argument needs 3 arguments
make[2]: *** [dexeconfig.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src/tools/periph'
make[1]: *** [tools/periph] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/idstealth/Downloads/dosemu-1.4.0/src'
make: *** [default] Error 2

andrewthomas
October 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Do you have the build-essential package?

sudo apt-get install build-essential checkinstallYou really should use checkinstall also

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingEasyHowTo

lykeion
October 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Any specific reason why you want to compile dosemu yourself? Otherwise it's in the repositories, install with:

sudo apt-get install dosemu
As for playing old DOS games I'd highly recommend DOSBox Game Launcher (http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/dbgl/) (install instructions on homepage)

kostkon
October 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Just install dosbox from the software center.

idstealth
October 5th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Alright, didn't realize it was listed in the apt repositories. Thanks! :D