PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Setting email preference

a.v.l
September 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
When I click on any website "email link"... Evolution opens up. My problem is that I don't use this program for emails, I use gmail instead. How can I set gmail as my default email software, so it opens instead of Evolution?

migs73
September 30th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm not at my Ubuntu machine just now, but on Firefox at this windows machine, if you select Tools->Options and click on the Applications Icon you can choose what App to run when certain things are opened. the E-mail one is called MailTo and (on this machine) starts outlook.
Hopefully something similar in the Linux version of Firefox.

a.v.l
September 30th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm not at my Ubuntu machine just now, but on Firefox at this windows machine, if you select Tools->Options and click on the Applications Icon you can choose what App to run when certain things are opened. the E-mail one is called MailTo and (on this machine) starts outlook.
Hopefully something similar in the Linux version of Firefox.

Many thanks for the direction. In UbuntuFirefox it was done by going to edit, preferences, applications them mailTo and selected by using the downward arrow, great.

migs73
September 30th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Many thanks for the direction. In UbuntuFirefox it was done by going to edit, preferences, applications them mailTo and selected by using the downward arrow, great.
No problem, I thought it would be somewhere in there!!