#blacklist lp
blacklist parport_pc
blacklist psmouse
blacklist serio_raw
blacklist i2c_piix4
#blacklist usbhid
#blacklist e1000

and after reboot I had this after login:

System information disabled due to load higher than 1.

What caused that ? It is a test system in VirtualBox.

CharlesA
September 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM
It's fine. It's trying to run landscape-sysinfo, but is set to run it if the system load is not higher then 1.

You run find the system load by running top, htop, w, who, uptime, etc.

I run into the same thing on my VMs using VirtualBox.

dragos2
September 30th, 2010, 12:36 PM
It's fine. It's trying to run landscape-sysinfo, but is set to run it if the system load is not higher then 1.

I wonder why the load increases when I blacklist those modules.
The system has nothing else installed besides Ubuntu 10.04.1 minimal.

CharlesA
September 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Happens to me on clean installs. I suppose it's just the way VirtualBox emulates the hardware or something. *shrugs*

dragos2
September 30th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Happens to me on clean installs. I suppose it's just the way VirtualBox emulates the hardware or something. *shrugs*

Possibly, but we can only know for sure on real hardware.

CharlesA
September 30th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Possibly, but we can only know for sure on real hardware.

Indeed. For all I know, it could be coming up since I blacklist these two kernel modules right after doing a clean install:

fbcon
vga16fb

buntolith
September 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I just did a new install of 10.04 using an atom motherboard and a couple of hdd in raid 5. I got the same message when I logged in for the first couple of times and when I did landscape-sysinfo I got a system load of approximately 1.8. I thought it was the motherboard but after leaving the server on for a few hours the system load dropped down to below 1. Right now it is down to 0.0. This problem just fixed itself for me.

ubuking
January 30th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I just did a new install of 10.04 using an atom motherboard and a couple of hdd in raid 5. I got the same message when I logged in for the first couple of times and when I did landscape-sysinfo I got a system load of approximately 1.8. I thought it was the motherboard but after leaving the server on for a few hours the system load dropped down to below 1. Right now it is down to 0.0. This problem just fixed itself for me.
I have got the same experience, just a matter of waiting, and apparently in the meantime nothing goes wrong

warfie
April 13th, 2013, 05:17 AM

Is it possible to modify this behaviour? make it ignore the system load and display sysinfo anyway?

sandyd
April 14th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Necromancing - Thread closed
Please do not post in threads more than one year old as many things change between Ubuntu releases and the solutions provided in the thread may not be pertinent to your installation.

Thanks!