PDA

View Full Version : Username change

g-a-c
September 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Hi, can someone please change my current username to gac (if available, I can't see a members list link on these forums)? If I need to provide a reason then please let me know and I can justify this.

matthew
September 30th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Please give a reason. We don't generally change usernames, except in certain cases.

g-a-c
September 30th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Please give a reason. We don't generally change usernames, except in certain cases.By all means. I had read your sticky thread, and this part applies to me:

"The only exceptions to this are extreme cases, such as when a user has been harassed by another user or when the username contains the member's email address or real name"

My current username is my real name, I'm likely to be looking around for a new job soon so I'm looking to try and cut down any online presence I may have to more "official" sources such as social networking sites (with appropriate privacy settings for potential employers) and an online version of my CV (when I get around to writing it), so I'm changing a few forum usernames wherever possible to remove my full name and use my initials instead (also being much quicker to type and reference). Hope this helps.

matthew
September 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM
gac is already in use, but I noticed you use g-a-c for your Launchpad account, which is publicly attached to this account so I figured it would likely be okay with you, so I used that. If this is not okay, please give me another option or two to check and I'll change it again.

g-a-c
September 30th, 2010, 02:41 PM
gac is already in use, but I noticed you use g-a-c for your Launchpad account, which is publicly attached to this account so I figured it would likely be okay with you, so I used that. If this is not okay, please give me another option or two to check and I'll change it again.Nope, no problem at all, thanks :)