PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem receiving mail with Postfix/dovecot running ISPconfig3

klemorali
September 27th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Running Ubuntu 10.04.1 32Bit server with install per perfect ISPconfig3 from How forge.

I can access the server via my Email client (I've tried Outlook and Evolution which both appear to be making the connections). However there is never any mail in the inbox. I am accessing the accounts as POP

when accessing postfix thru Webmin 1.520 I see mail in the que. However, the mail has the following status

'temporary failure. Command output: pipe: fatal: pipe_command: execvp /usr/bin/maildrop: Permission denied'

I have attempted to send mail to other addresses and they are rejected by the receiving server. In my first attempt charter.net denied me returning this message

'host ib1.charter.net[216.33.127.20] refused to talk to me: 421 imp06 charter.net ?? charter.net connection refused from [75.176.32.193] E1210'

I've been tinkering with this server for about 2 weeks now and having a number of issues which I have mostly worked thru. This one has me stumped at the moment.

NOTE: Dell PE 2600 with a sudo functional CD/Floppy combo drive. Having to use Super Grub2 disk to loopboot an iso from USB drive. Not much fun!!