PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] enable/disable bluetooth via command line

vies
September 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi,

I have a following problem. I need to enable/disable bluetooth via script. Currently I'm trying to simply start and stop bluetooth service by issuing command

sudo service bluetooth start
or

sudo service bluetooth stop

Stopping obviosly works ok, but when I'm starting the service, it starts, but bluetooth radio is turned off and I need to enable it trough bluetooth-manager (blueman).

Is there a way to turn radio on by command line? Or should I use some better way of turning bluetooth on and off at the first place

Vies

crysman
October 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hi,
I have a following problem. I need to enable/disable bluetooth ...
Stopping obviosly works ok, but when I'm starting the service, it starts, but bluetooth radio is turned off and I need to enable it trough bluetooth-manager (blueman).

Stopping the service does not work for me. According to powertop, there is still energy drain by bluetooth ("Radio device: btusb"). To disable it I have to go to Blueman applet, right click and select "Turn Bluetooth Off". Please, is there any way how to achieve this from console? Thanks a lot!

PS: using Xubuntu 11.10 on ASUS U36SD
--

atultiwari
April 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Stopping the service does not work for me. According to powertop, there is still energy drain by bluetooth ("Radio device: btusb"). To disable it I have to go to Blueman applet, right click and select "Turn Bluetooth Off". Please, is there any way how to achieve this from console? Thanks a lot!

PS: using Xubuntu 11.10 on ASUS U36SD
--

I am also facing same problem in Ubuntu 11.10... any help appreciated..

Thanks in Advance..

AT