PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem Installing Any ubuntu on my Laptop Axioo M540SR

linuxlover89
September 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
May be the title is so uneasy for ubuntu OS:(,but that was happening on my laptop(so angry:mad:).
I want to install Ubuntu OS on my Laptop because i have a lot of trouble using W**ndows,i have try all version of ubuntu from 7.00 until 10.04 but they are all have the same problem when i try running ubuntu on live cd mode ,the screen just turn to black and my laptop has stopped to respond.
I also buy the original CD on ver 7.04 and 8.04 but it goes to the same problem again.
Please if someone cn help me:-k ,
What is happen to my laptop?](*,)](*,)](*,)

oh yeah by the way,here is my specification?
1. Processor Intel Celeron P4 1,8 Ghz
2. Memory 768 mb shared
3. VGA : Via Chrome 9 ICH Family
4. Hardisk Sata 60 Gb
5. Good working cd rom
6. Sound Via

Thanks,
Sory for my bad english

pricetech
September 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Have you tried a different Linux distribution ?? Puppy Linux has a very small footprint and should run on your computer. If not, you might try something that's not Debian based.

Alternate install CD might also be an option for you.

linuxlover89
September 20th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I already try Puppy Linux,it runs well on my laptop but the problem is Ubuntu provide much much better dekstop then puppy,better support,and also better software for my laptop.
Is there any problem with my hardware?
It so confusing

gnush
September 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I already try Puppy Linux,it runs well on my laptop but the problem is Ubuntu provide much much better dekstop then puppy,better support,and also better software for my laptop.
Is there any problem with my hardware?
It so confusing

I'd recommend trying Arch Linux, it's an awesome distribution which lets you configure it the way you want. The documentation is pretty awesome aswell if you're new to Linux.
http://www.archlinux.org

linuxlover89
September 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
i have found a way to install ubuntu 10.4 on my laptop and it succesfully run ubuntu 10.4 .
It's a good OS thank you ubuntu